The Search for Singapore’s 1st Travel Intern
Yup it’s a paid internship and you get to travel.
For the latest updates and announcements, click here.
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to travel for a living? To be paid or sponsored to go on holidays? To collect experiences that many people may not have?
It sounds super shiok, but it’s really more than pretending that your life is perfect taking pictures, writing reviews, and constantly flying around.
You have to get your hands dirty, dabble in a variety of fields, and make personal sacrifices. If this still sounds like something you might be interested in, this internship might just be perfect for you.
While frolicking with sea lions in South America, feasting on the freshest sushi in Japan, and more recently taking a 2 week yoga course in India, I started and maintained this blog. The initial intention was to simply chronicle my experiences while encouraging more to travel and live in the moment. Fast forward to the present, I’ve been fortunate enough to win the OMY Best Travel Blog Award in 2015, and work with brands like FlyScoot and Airbnb.
With such encouraging signs, I’ve decided to take the travel blog a step further. A big revamp is due, and this is where you come in.
It isn’t exactly normal for travel blogs to hire interns, but hey this isn’t a normal internship. This is the search for Singapore’s 1st ever Travel Intern!
What you’re in for
- At least 1 sponsored travel opportunity within Southeast Asia.
- A one-of-a-kind internship experience you can add to your resume (wish this was available when I was in school).
- A first hand opportunity to learn about travel blogging, content marketing, and social media marketing (there’ll be time set aside everyday for learning).
- A flexible working arrangement (yes it’s ok even if you have your own short trip in the middle of the internship). The internship will be based in Singapore. Most of the time we will work together, but there will be times when you can work remotely as well.
- An allowance of SGD$600.
Who I’m looking for
You should ideally:
- Love to travel (duh).
- Commit full-time, 5 days a week for the month of December. I’m generally flexible, but please read FAQ for common permutations.
- Be super interested in travel blogging and an alternative lifestyle.
- Have a blog or written blog content before.
- Write better than me and with personality (honestly not difficult).
- Be social media savvy (FB/IG/SC) and basic background in the field of marketing.
- Be task orientated and can work independently on your own laptop.
- Be able to take some “uncertainty” and think on your feet. All in the spirit of travel!
- Be fun and pleasant to work with.
- Compulsory: Have a passport with >6 months of validity (exact travel dates to be discussed), and living in Singapore during the internship period.
See also: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
I’m in! How to apply?
Step 1: Fill in this beautiful form.
Step 2: Create your own post and catch my attention on social media (FB & IG only). It can be a travel picture, video introduction, or anything you want. The only requirement is to hashtag #TheTravelIntern.
Highlight your personality and show why you should be Singapore’s 1st Travel Intern!
Tip: New posts will definitely stand out more than just hashtagging older posts :)
- Now: Fill in the form and create your post! The earlier you send, the more time I will have to stalk assess your qualifications.
- 25th November: Deadline for submissions. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a Skype/Phone interview.
- 29th November: Announcement of Singapore’s 1st Travel Intern on this post.
What are you waiting for?
TRAVEL INTERN WANTED.
If you’re a potential sponsor, do drop me a mail and I’d love to discuss further. Other things are brewing too.
Oh and do share this with anyone that may be a good fit too! :)